Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
The truth is that outcome of a spinal surgery cannot be predicted precisely. Sometimes an MRI scan can show an abnormal image which could lead to a wrong diagnosis of the problem.
Causes of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
Some possible causes of a failed back surgery syndrome may include:
- A wrong diagnosis of the patient’s condition
- Incorrect surgery procedure performed on the patient
- Surgery performed at an incorrect level of the spinal column
- A failed spinal fusion surgery that had led to other complications
- Continued pinching of the nerve despite the surgery
- Scar tissue formation
Symptoms of Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
The symptoms of a failed back syndrome include:
- Chronic back pain that continues even after the surgical procedure
- Pain around the treated level of spine
- Slow or no recovery from the surgery
- Moving around is difficult and flexibility is compromised
- Throbbing pain in the back
- High levels of anxiety leading to depression
Alternates to Repetitive Surgery
Before undergoing another surgery, chiropractors recommend trying the following:
- Undergo physical therapy – Physical therapy has proven to be a great method in relieving back-pains of all kinds
- Try Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation – This therapy is performed by inducing low voltage to reduce pain
- Take non steroidal anti-inflammatory medicines – These medicine can help suppress inflammation which is a major factor in causing pain
- Get injected with Steroids – Epidural Steroid Injections are a common method of treating inflamed spinal nerves
- Carry out therapeutic exercises – Exercises help greatly in pain management
- Have hot and cold compresses – Hot and cold compresses applied on the pain-stricken area can greatly reduce the inflammation and pain
Due to the vast nature of spinal surgeries, it is always best to consult with a physician or a chiropractor to find a solution that is suitable for a specific case. Professional advice is necessary when it comes to severe cases.
Experience a Holistic Approach to Good Health.
Back Pain Relief Experienced By Our Patients
No more lower back or neck pain. Plus they fixed my arm. It used to hurt so bad to lift my arm. After a series of treatments it was pretty much back to normal again.
A specialist told me my only option was surgery after looking at my MRI. Dr. Hanson’s office thought that was a huge overreaction and they were right.
Hanson Chiropractic has done wonders for my lower back. I was referred by a coworker and coming in was a very smart decision. If you listen to the good doctors and follow their instructions they will have back on the right track. It's not a fast process but stick to...